Chronic pain is just one of the many symptoms that fibromyalgia almost always shows , but for me it is the most common. Pain affects all aspects of my life. Expensive payment for all the physical activities that I do; Even the smallest task can lead to a large increase in my symptoms.
The pain of fibromyalgia is unique due to the severity, complexity and multiple systems involved.
There are three main types of pain in fibromyalgia:
hyperalgesia, allodynia and paresthesia.
Hyperalgesia literally translates as excessive pain: “Hyper” means excess and “algeia” means pain. It is the medical term for intensifying pain in fibromyalgia. Allodynia is the pain you feel when you touch or rub the skin. For example, light pressure on clothing or a light massage causes pain or a light breeze that blows on the skin It is hypersensitive to stimuli that normally do not cause pain. Paresthesia is a strange nervous feeling that feels like something crawling, teeth, burns, itching or numbers, like an emotion in the middle of the foot or a burning sensation in the But to be honest, those words mean very little to those who do not have fibromyalgia. Then, to give to people who have no idea what it means to live this painful and debilitating disease,
1. Burning of the skin. Sometimes my skin seems to be on fire, it looks raw. Imagine spending hours under the sun without sunscreen and then taking a bath in the sea and salt water burning damaged skin. So get dressed at night and rub your clothes against your skin. When you have fibromyalgia, clothes can only cause this pain, you do not need sunlight.
2. Acute / burning pain This is a pain that is especially difficult for me to carry. It is so severe that it makes me breathe. The pain comes in waves and is accompanied by nausea.
3. Pain in the joints. My pain in my joints is a throbbing and throbbing pain. This mainly affects my knees, but it can also affect other areas.
4. muscle painMy muscles are still sore. Even the smallest activity makes them beat and burn. I find it impossible to feel calm when my muscles ache, it disturbs me.
5. Spierspasmen Experiencing muscle spasms every day, they are almost constant. It is as if he did not control your body, as if some unforeseen forces were manipulating you.
6. Acute pain Feel that someone is using you as a voodoo doll.
7. Between a throbbing and throbbing pain. I’m sure it’s a technical term for this, but “a cross between itching and burning” is the best way to describe it. It’s deep in the muscles and it’s impossible to scratch it. It also causes a shock in the affected part of my body.
8. Bruise sensation.Not only on the skin but also on the inside, it feels crushed and sensitive. The thorax and rib cage often appear swollen, which can make breathing painful (kostokondral pain).
9. Failure of the whole body. When I am hypersensitive, I feel that I have an unpleasant sensation all over my body. The slightest touch or movement sends a throbbing pain around my body.
10. StiffnessImagine a healthy person going to the gym after months of inactivity. Lift weights and train your whole body. The next day, they feel stiff and have difficulty moving. A person with fibromyalgia wakes up every morning and feels this way. It seems that he wore a dress under the skin, two sizes too small.
11. Irradiated painI feel pain that has a central point, but radiates from that point. The pain can start from the back, but also through the legs, for example.
12. Pain caused by contact. Even the slightest touch of a loved one can cause pain. I have to have two very large sizes made of soft and seamless material. I use soft and flat shoes of bigger size and I have to cut my hair because they cause me a lot of pain in the skin. Touching causes many of the pains that I have described.
13. Migraine / headacheI do not think that one day without a headache, it could be due to tension. Migraines are exacerbated by stress and hormones. If they attack, I will be incapacitated. I lose my sight and the pain is so intense … The slightest movement, touch or sound sends a throbbing pain around my head and face.
14. Tickling of the skin. It seems that a thousand insects have come around my skin. Actually, it’s quite scary.
15. Hypersensitivity. Some days the sound is unbearable. In an instant I feel pain, nausea, dizziness, tremors and a threatening panic attack. But it is not just noise, it is also hypersensitive to smell, light and touch. Yes, a strong perfume fragrance can hurt me.
16. Irritable bowel syndrome.Fibromyalgia is often associated with other conditions, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Contrary to what people may think, the pain of IBS does not only manifest in the intestine but also radiates to other parts of the body, especially in the back.It is a sharp and burning pain. The gas trapped in an already inflamed gut is one of the most painful symptoms of IBS, it is overwhelming.
Pain is not the only symptom of fibromyalgia, but it is the symptom that has the most negative impact on my life and my health.